Zachariah Isaac Drover

Zachariah Isaac Drover

Saturday, May 21, 2011

I want to take away your pain.... but I can't!!!!

I want to take away your pain, your suffering, your burdens.  If you could live in peace with no health problems, I would go through the pain for you.  I know that Jesus will comfort you and bring you peace, he will give you strength to face today, to face your trials and to get through your desert.  But I want to be able to take your pain and suffering from you, let me go through it for you so I can help.  I can't take away your pain so I feel helpless to sit and watch you through your journey.  What I can do is Pray, Pray for peace, strength, and healing.  Healing for your body and mind.  Pray for whatever happens, it is what God wills. 

This is the second time in a year I have had these feelings about someone I care about .  First was Zachariah, I still wish I could have taken away his pain and suffering, all I could do was watch and pray, hug him and pray, be close to him and pray.  I couldn't take away his burdens I couldn't save him from dying - but I could Love on him and Pray and know that God was always with him, always holding him and gave him so much strength to face his tough days.  Now I face the same with My Mom, I can't take away her pain and suffering, I can't have cancer instead of her, but I can pray for her, I can Love on her and Pray for her, I can be close to her and pray for her, I can pray for her healing, I can pray for strength to face each day, I can pray for her mind and positive thoughts, I can pray for God's will to be done.
 I would take all of Zach's and Mom's sickness and pain and go through it myself, if it meant they didn't have to, but I can't, so I will keep praying and believing that God knows what he is doing in every situation.  He has a plan for our lives and when He allows tragic events to happen in our lives and we put all of trust and faith in him through our situation, He can use us in ways we could of never imagined.  I have been very fascinated with Job lately, that a Man could go through so much and still know that he was in God's will and God had a plan for him.  In the end when he was at his worse, everything was taken from him, his kids were dead his lively hood was gone, he was in dying pain from the sores on his body and his wife, family and friends were telling him to curse God for giving him so much sorrow.  Even through all that Job still trusted in God, still knew that God had a plan for him.  It didn't mean he didn't want the pain to end, he definitely did but He also knew God would never leave him or forsake him.  He says,  before I only heard Jesus but know I can see him to.  Sometimes it takes the hardest things in our lives, devastating situations to bring us closer to God to fulfill our calling in a more powerful way,  If we choose to turn to him through it.   I am and have had a hard time watching two people I love go through the worst battle of their lives, but I know that God's hand is and had always been on them and he has never left them and had and will always comfort them no matter how hard it gets.  I know he is always with me, never leaves me, always is with me and will always comfort me.  I know that through everything I have been through I am getting closer and closer to God - I have not just heard him but I have seen him.

No comments:

Post a Comment