Zachariah Isaac Drover

Zachariah Isaac Drover

Monday, January 31, 2011

What I want for my children????

What do I want for my children?  That was the question asked last night at bible study.  While I couldn't answer last night, I would like to answer now.  It is a very emotional question because I have changed these past few months, I have a new understanding, a new heart felt drive to see certain things for my children and my family.  The reason I couldn't say anything last night was because it is so real to me that I don't want people to think I am saying it just to say it.  I want people to know through my actions not my words how real everything has become, since Zachariah went to be with Jesus.  Please read my answer to the question and try to understand this is a passion to see this lived out for everyone.
What I want for my Children is shown in a parable in Luke 18:18-30
"and a ruler asked him, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"  And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good?  No one is good but God alone.  You know the commandments:  Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor you father and mother."  And he said, "All these I have kept from my youth."  When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "One thing you still lack.  Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.  But when he heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich.  Jesus, seeing that he had become sad, said, "How difficult it is for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!  For it is easier for a camel to go through the ye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God."  Those who heard it said, " Then who can be saved?"  But he said, "What is impossible with men is possible with God." 

I want my children to know how real God is.  I want them to know that if they trust in God, if they give everything to God and do not hold on to anything in this life to tight, that God will always be there to help them.  When they go through tragedy or impossible situations God will be there to help them through.  I want them to know how to really trust God, To have REAL faith.  If they have nothing, trust in God, and if they have everything, Trust in God.  I don't ever want them to loose sight of how powerful God's love is.  How forgiving God is.  I want them to know that if God blesses them with a lot, to not hold onto to it to tight, to not make it everything to them, to always know it could be all gone in a second.  Be giving and caring, loving and compassionate.  I don't care what they have or their job title, I care that they are using these gifts for God, I care about their eternity and for them to know God in such a tangible way that they will not be afraid when circumstances come there way.  I want them to know that this world we live in is full of sin and bad things are always happening.  But if they trust in God and have faith there will never be anything that they can not get through or handle.  I want them to know God may not do things in their way or their timing but he has a plan for their lives and will work all things out for the good.  I want them to never be afraid, God will never leave them, even if they can't feel him sometimes, he is always there.  I want this all to be real to them.  Because I think we can say a lot of things but if God really did say to you, give all your money to the poor, would we really trust him and follow him and listen.  Would we really believe that he holds our future and is in control, or would we be to scared.  I want my kids to know that they know, that God is always in control. 
Also, I want them to know that their little Brother Zachariah is in a place where you don't need things of this earth, where there is no pain or suffering, no heartache or destruction.  Our lives on the earth are so short.  So live life for God, learn to listen to his voice.  If you have nothing or everything know God is in control.  Use your talents for God, and don't let your talents or your job define you.  And Stay HUMBLE.  Pride comes before a fall. 
I want all this for my kids so much that it overtakes my emotions when I think about it.  If I can be an example and show them how great FAITH is, my prayer is they will follow and develop a strong faith.  I will mess up and makes mistakes but I would want my kids to see it and learn that we all make mistakes but God will help us put things back together and always forgives us if we call out to him.  I want them to be happy and have peace that they have a Brother that is enjoying heaven right now, and one day they will get to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment